Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rolled Flower Necklace

If you were here last week you saw my tutorial on my new scrap fabric rolled flowers. 
I took it one step further and made myself a necklace.
 I started with three smaller size flowers. These are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
You'll need some felt (any color will do), scissors, jump rings and...
Some chain, smaller jump rings and a lobster clasp.
 I used a lid for a template when cutting my felt backing.
 I traced around the bottom half of the lid to get a half moon shape.
 Or maybe it's more like the mouth on a smiley face :)
 I hot glued it the back of my rolled flowers without allowing any space in between.
I trimmed the felt a little bit so none of it would be seen when you turn the piece over.
 I hot glued a jump ring on both sides.
 Attached the chain and the lobster clasp.
 With the new color block trend, I've got the perfect accessory for my spring and summer outfits!

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable and I LOVE the orange! I'll try making one this week. Visiting from TT&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this necklace is so pretty, I love the orange and the rosettes are so pretty! Nicely done! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...