Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mod Podge Pantry Word

Do you remember my blog post about The Great Pantry Makeover a while back? You can find it here.
Anyway, I said that I would blog about how I made these cute Mod Podge letters that spell E A T.
I started out with the following supplies:
  • large thick chipboard letters (I think I found them at Hobby Lobby-go figure!)
  • 3 pieces of patterned paper (I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper)
  • paint
  • foam brush
  • Mod Podge in matte finish




I traced the letters onto the back sides of the patterned paper.
And then I cut them out with my Exacto.
I painted the letters black first (because the sides will be showing).
I used the Mod Podge and painted the front of the letters 
 Stuck my cut out letters on top and then put another coat of Mod Podge over everything 
(even onto the sides).
I used some of those 3M sticky's on the back of each letter and adhered it right to the wall!
Just a fun little addition to the pantry! 
You could do something like this in your bathroom and spell W A S H. 
Or in your child's room with their initials. 
Or how about the letters P R A Y! We all need that reminder!

2 comments:

  1. You make this look so easy Chessa! I don't know if me and my Exacto get along this well though! Love the paper you used! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paint English letter with different colors. We can try at home. I like your post. Further, The process of cabinet refinishing typically includes sanding the cabinet, priming it, painting it and applying a top coat. cabinet refinishing in Manassas can also be done with water-based paints that are environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...