Friday, October 18, 2013

Mercury Glass Pumpkins

I've been in love with everything Mercury Glass 
and have been dying to try creating something on my own.
 I found clear glass pumpkins at Walmart for $6.00 (sorry, no before picture!)
 The Mercury Glass Pumpkins are the perfect fall addition to my mantle 
in addition to the little round fish bowl glasses I found at the Dollar Store.
 If you interested in making your own you'll need the following:

  • Krylon Looking Glass Mirror Like Spray Paint
  • A mixture of equal parts warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle
  • A glass jar, container or Pumpkin!

 I started with this clear glass round bowl. 
I cleaned it out with a damp cloth and then made sure it was dry.
 I lightly spritzed the inside of the bowl. Being careful not to get it to wet.
 I lightly sprayed the inside of the bowl with the mirror spray paint.
 I let it dry an hour or so before I sprayed it again. 
I probably sprayed it a total of 3 or 4 times 
ensuring I hit every spot on the inside of the bowl and sometimes 
swirling the paint around and turning the bowl upside down so the extra paint could drip out.
 I love the way it looks on the outside with the little speckles.
 And each one is a little different.
Now head on over to Wal-mart and make your own Mercery Glass pumpkins! 
Let me know how yours turns out!

2 comments:

  1. OMG Chessa! I think we were separated at birth! I've been all about the mercury glass too! Just found a few cool (cheap) pieces at Marshalls. Last year I looked EVERYWHERE in Richmond for the looking glass paint and couldn't find it anywhere! Your projects came out awesome and I'm going to have to look harder for the paint and try it myself! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I hope you have fun making your own Mercury Glass something!

      Delete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...