Friday, May 22, 2015

Distressed Stacked Frames with Burlap Bow

Some good friends got married recently and I needed a unique and special gift just for them.
My go-to colors these days are grey, white and black. Burlap is my favorite accessory!
I found this vintage white burlap wired ribbon at Michaels along with these two wood frames
 (one 5 x 7 the other 8 x 10). They were perfect for my project.
I painted the larger 8 x 10 one gray and the smaller 5 x7 one white.
I distressed each of them lightly to give a worn and vintage look.
Using some regular old wood glue I attached the two frames together.
I used the glass from the 5 x 7 frame and the backing from the 8 x 10 frame.
I added some vinyl lettering (cut out from my Silhouette) and...
I love the way it turned out.
I hope they love it too!
Check out this post for another spin on the stacked wood frames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...